Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sachets


I saw these in the Holiday issue of Knit Simple magazine and they were actually the only reason I purchased this issue. I thought they would be a great Christmas present for my grandmother. I started knitting these back in December and then decided I had too much to do during the holidays so I put my knitting aside. I picked them back up again after the holidays to finish them in time for my grandmother's birthday in March.

Pattern: Sachets by Rosemary Drysdale from Knit Simple Holiday 2008
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas, Alpaca Silk in cream and lavender
Needles: size US 3 and US 4


I must tell you, I did not enjoy knitting these - at all. They are very pretty, but sooo fiddly to construct. There were so many pieces not to mention the lace border - and then seaming it all together. Ugh! I really dragged my heels on these. I rarely complain about knitting but these were a total pain in the butt! My grandmother loved them so I guess that is all that matters.


The yarn was a dream to work with. It is lovely - maybe the softest yarn I have ever felt. I am planning on using this in a sweater. I had also found a very nice lavender scent to fill the sachets with.

1 comment:

Team Knit said...

They are SO pretty! But thanks for the heads up on the fussy construction- that's a lot of seaming for something so small!

- Julie